What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete icloud account

Jennifer OBrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!! Sorry if this is not the right way to ask for help. However I haven't been able to find any other way to communicate with you. I have upgraded to ios5 and opened an icloud account. However this will not work for me because we have only limited upload-download on our remote area wireless connection. I therefore need to delete my iCloud account and backup only to my pc. How can I do that and not lose the data from my ipad2?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Jennifer, you don't need to delete iCloud, you can connect your iPad to your PC and change the settings so that you only back up to your PC.

The Archangel

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Hi Jennifer, you don't need to delete iCloud, you can connect your iPad to your PC and change the settings so that you only back up to your PC.

The Archangel

You can turn it off in the iPad under 'settings', should you need to you can it back on

OP
J

Jennifer OBrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadbraincell said:
You can turn it off in the iPad under 'settings', should you need to you can it back on

I found I had "back up to pc" ( not to iCloud) ticked on iTunes on my pc. However if I try to turn off the setting that refers to documents and data on the iPad, it tells me that all data will be deleted from my iPad. Can it be restored by synching with pc???

Most reactions