What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

delete a letter !

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My question may sound a little odd but I am used to using it on a regular PC keyboard.
"How do you delete a letter when typing on the ipad incorporated keyboard" ? I know there is the back key that deletes letters to the left of the cursor but how do you delete a letter located to the right of the cursor ?
Thanks for your help !

Loba

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know, but I just got my first Mac this week and it is the same way. Weird!?

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you have to place the cursor to the right of the undesirable character and hit delete! It doesn't operate like a normal PC keyboard with both a Delete and a Backspace key.

gsr1379

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can not answer this question on the ipad but on a mac KB you hold the fn key and hit the Delete key

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not see any delete key on my ipad integrated keyboard !
If anyone knows where it is located, please let me know.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i can not answer this question on the ipad but on a mac KB you hold the fn key and hit the Delete key

Well bless your heart! I know that this doesn't help on the iPad, but that is a lifesaver on the Mac. +10 nerd points for you.

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold your finger over the area you need to correct...a bubble will come up with a line, move your finger so the line moves behind the letter you want to delete, let go and the backspace...

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold your finger over the area you need to correct...a bubble will come up with a line, move your finger so the line moves behind the letter you want to delete, let go and the backspace...
Thanks vsstanton but I already knew about the backspace.

As a matter of fact, when you write ""move behind the letter you want to delete"" you should have said "ahead" not "behind" in order for the backspace to work !
What I was looking for was a simple way to delete a letter sitting ahead (to the right of) of the cursor so I don't have to go through the bubble process.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I was looking for was a simple way to delete a letter sitting ahead (to the right of) of the cursor so I don't have to go through the bubble process.

There is no way to do that on the iPad. I'm surprised you asked because Apple designs perfect products and clearly there is no need for such a function, or they would have included it.

-1 to you for failing to grasp Apple brainwa....design decisions.

;-)

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There is no way to do that on the iPad. I'm surprised you asked because Apple designs perfect products and clearly there is no need for such a function, or they would have included it.

-1 to you for failing to grasp Apple brainwa....design decisions.

;-)

N'importe quoi !

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andy, c'était du sarcasme

Je sais Stefx mais je n'ai toujours pas la confiance que tu as envers les produits Apple. Ils sont souvent géniaux mais il manque toujours des fonctions pratiques. ..... comme une USB pour le ipad entre autres !

Last edited:

Most reactions