What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DeJaOffice

Mr P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a contacts App for the iPad and came across dejaOffice. It looks like just what I want, but I don't think it will sync with a Macbook.
My wife and I each have an iPhone, Macbook and iPads. It would be nice to sync all together with a good contacts and Calendar App.
As I stated in another post, I would like to be able to search the "Note" field of the contacts to find out info.
Thanks
GEP

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I'm sure you'll get some answers to your questions soon.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Temp48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a contacts App for the iPad and came across dejaOffice. It looks like just what I want, but I don't think it will sync with a Macbook.
My wife and I each have an iPhone, Macbook and iPads. It would be nice to sync all together with a good contacts and Calendar App.
As I stated in another post, I would like to be able to search the "Note" field of the contacts to find out info.
Thanks
GEP

DejaOffice can be used as a standalone app for contacts, calendars, tasks, & memos on your iPad. That said, if you want to use the sync feature, you'll need CompanionLink which is Windows only at this time. Hope this info helps.

- David Z.

OP
M

Mr P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was afraid of that. Does anyone know of a similar app that will handle contacts and sync all iDevices, Mac, etc.
Thanks
Gep

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can use a combination of the native apps on the iPad and Macbook plus Google to do what you need (though not search in the notes field on the iPad).

You could use the same Google account, (just ignore the mail). It can be added to the Macbook's iCal and Address Book in Preferences > Accounts.

To add it to the iPad use this setup: Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Just turn off mail on any device you want to ignore it on. Also follow the last link in the instrucions on how to set up multiple calendars to sync.

That should do well enough in the interm. Since you're all Apple, the iCloud and iOS 5 (should) provide a better solutions this Fall.

Most reactions

Latest posts