What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DejaOffice- a good PIM?

lombardi3g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been so many laments for quite a long time about the need for a truly effective PIM for the iPad. I have used Apple's Calendar, Week Cal, Pocket Informant (on the iPhone) and read reviews for several others. All have a glaring weakness and some have several glaring weaknesses.

In company promo's, DejaOffice presents features which would solve all of these weaknesses. Yet I don't see this product mentioned and reviewed much of anywhere even though it has been out for a year or so.

Any reports from the trenches?
Does it search regardless of date (Apple's Calendar won't search back more than a year) and quickly and without phony finds (Week Cal finds things that don't match the search string!!) ??

Will it search "Notes" as well as the Event title?

Does it support "tags" or "keywords"??

Is it customized for the iPad or just an iPhone 2x that can't display 2 or three views at once (eg Month & search results or List & Daily Schedule)?

Can you cut/copy and paste events?

Can you drag events?

Does it feature "Floating Events" (a la DtBook5) ?

Are recurring Events features robust?

Does it integrate Contacts efficiently?

Is it stable?

Is using it a chore or a delight?

Is it snappy?

TIA, Allan

Temp48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Allan,

I'm sure you're looking for feedback from users as well, but I'm happy to answer some of the technical questions! See my responses in bold:

Does it search regardless of date (Apple's Calendar won't search back more than a year) and quickly and without phony finds (Week Cal finds things that don't match the search string!!) ??
We currently do not have search built in. This is planned for a future release!

Will it search "Notes" as well as the Event title?
See my answer above.

Does it support "tags" or "keywords"??
It supports Categories, which should function similarly for you. Tags/Keywords are an interesting suggestion, however. I'll pass that along!

Is it customized for the iPad or just an iPhone 2x that can't display 2 or three views at once (eg Month & search results or List & Daily Schedule)?
It is customized for the iPad, and we're working on optimizing the interface even further.

Can you cut/copy and paste events?
This is a planned feature for a future release.

Can you drag events?
No, but again, that's a good suggestion!

Does it feature "Floating Events" (a la DtBook5) ?
Not at this time. I'll pass this along as a feature suggestion though.

Are recurring Events features robust?
I'd say so - you can set events to recur daily, weekly, monthly by day, monthly by date, yearly by day, and yearly by date.

Does it integrate Contacts efficiently?
Yes. The database DejaOffice uses is the same native contact database your iPad uses. You're able to initiate emails (as well as calls & texts on the iPhone version) right from the app. It's pretty much everything the native contacts app offers, and more. For example, you're able to link contacts to calendar events and tasks, as well as organize them by categories.

Is it stable?
Yes, and we regularly update the app with additional features and any fixes as needed!

Is using it a chore or a delight?
Well, we are a little biased, so we'll let some other users answer this one!

Is it snappy?
Yes. Everything loads quickly and is quite responsive.

Hopefully that helps! Let me know if you have any feature specific questions or suggestions!

- David Z.

Most reactions