What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defect on ipad 2 screen

sannesley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my ipad2 for around 3 weeks now and I'm loving every minute of it. Recently I have discovered that there is what appears to be a tiny defect in a small area of the bottom portion of the screen. About 5cm from the bottom of the screen there is an area where there is a thin line about 1cm long in the middle of the screen. This is visible against a light coloured screen such as when I'm using Safari, iTunes, iBook and certain other apps. It is not a scratch on the glass as the glass shows no scratch marks on inspection and I've had the device in a protective case since day one.

I'm sure that most people could live with this and sometimes I wonder if I should just learn to live with it but then I think that for the money I paid for the device it should be free of defects no matter how apparently insignificant. I want to return it for repair to Apple but I would like to use the ipad while I'm off over the Christmas break.

If I was to arrange to send it to Apple for repair what is the likelyhood of it being returned before Christmas? I don't think it's very likely given how close we are to the big day and I think I could live with it in its current state and then set about returning it for repair after the Christmas holidays.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Would taking it to an Apple store be a quicker route for getting it repaired than posting it off?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For defects: Go to an Apple store and they'll give you a new one if they have one in stock.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple warranties are supposed to be universal, but there are some exceptions for refurbished units in the U.S., say if you bought a refurb at a Best Buy electronics store. I don't know the circumstances of your purchase in Northern Ireland. But I would just call an Apple store and ask.

Most reactions

Latest posts