What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David L Hoyt, the author of Jumble, Word Roundup, Up & Down Words aksing for help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David L Hoyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David L Hoyt, the author of Jumble, Word Roundup, Up & Down Words asking for help...

Hi. I'm David L. Hoyt. I'm the author of the Jumble puzzle seen in 700 newspapers and I'm the inventor/author of Word Roundup and Up & Down Words seen in USA Today each day (and lots more). My partners and I have spent the last year developing a new game called David L. Hoyt's WORD WINDER and I'm happy to say it just launched on the iPad a few days ago (and the iPhone version comes out in a few weeks). But I am really struggling to market the app. We developed a Word Winder website, made a video for the app, created a WORD WINDER Facebook page, etc. but I'm still sort of clueless. I think I was hoping the fact that I'm currently the most syndicated puzzle creator in the world would give me some sort of advantage and that the folks at Apple would put the WORD WINDER in the "New and Notable" section, etc. Boy was I wrong! I can't even get anyone there to get back to me so far. My partner is sending the proper info to review sites so we do know to do that. I am now looking at spending some money on marketing the app but now I'm afraid of wasting my money. I've got about $3,000 budgeted right now for some sort of advertising campaign but I really want to maximize the money. I can totally see me wasting money because I don't know what I'm doing. I spent some money on Facebook advertising but I just don't feel like its working. Does anyone have any good advice on how I should spend this money to market WORD WINDER? I lack experience in this area and I'd appreciate any suggestions. If you had a $3,000 budget to market an app, how would you spend the money to maximize it? Or am I better off not spending the money at all? Thanks!

Last edited:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you ever tried a marketing agent? Although that might be out of your budget.

OP
D

David L Hoyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I have not tried a marketing agent. We've been trying to give it a go on our own but we are open to all possibilities. We're learning as we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts