What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

data plan

ercsliberty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello, maybe someone can help, im thinking of getting a grandfathered VERIZON unlimited plan and popping the sim in a new ipad mini. i only need the unlimited data part, does it have to come with a minuete plan? if yes, whats the minimum plan i can go with for the cheapest price? (no texting needed)
thanks for you input

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ercsliberty said:
hello, maybe someone can help, im thinking of getting a grandfathered VERIZON unlimited plan and popping the sim in a new ipad mini. i only need the unlimited data part, does it have to come with a minuete plan? if yes, whats the minimum plan i can go with for the cheapest price? (no texting needed)
thanks for you input

If you don't already have one of the Verizon grandfathered unlimited data plans, you can't get one now.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I currently have unlimited on my phone, but they would not let me involve a iPad plane in that. Thus, I have a metered plan in my iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T originally offered unlimited on iPad, and then allowed grandfathering, which they also allowed to transfer from 3G to 4G for those customers. You can sometimes find resales on Craigslist and such, when people with grandfathered accounts will sell their unlimited data plans. I don't know what they're going for now, but at one point some people were selling them for about $1,000. Crazy, IMO. (The new owner essentially took over the account for $1k and took over monthly payments.)

People with grandfathered unlimited accounts can transfer/sell them by just turning over the SIM card and having the new owner sub out the credit card number.

AT&T hasn't been as aggressive with weeding out grandfathered accounts as Verizon has.

I'm going to hang onto my unlimited AT&T phone and iPad plans until I'm cut off, lol. Even if I didn't want them any more, they'd still be worth something to someone, even if I just transferred them.

Most reactions

Latest posts