What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data Entry Issue on this Forum...

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was sitting at home over the weekend viewing the iPadForums.net site on my iPad 2 using the Mercury browser. I found a few threads I thought I would try and reply too but when I attempted to do so, the keyboard would not open. I scrolled to the bottom of the page and tapped the entry area under "Quick Reply" but nothing would happen... not keyboard or anything. I attempted this several times on different threads with the same result. Any suggestions on why this would be happening?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to the User CP, and choose Edit Options from the left column. All the way at the bottom there is a way to change your default text editor. Change it from the WYSWYG one to the Standard editor. Save your changes.

Even then the cursor may disappear from the text window now and then (not often). To fix this just close the keyboard and tap in the text window again.

Most reactions