What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia questions for a already jalbroken New to Cydia

Reaction score
:mad: because my iPad is jail broken I can't update? I put this on here because I thought it was going to be cool. :mad: I can't even get rid of the apps that were intalled using Cydia I thought I could customize my iPad. but I can't Does anyOne Know how to get the Cydia apps off and customize the ipad

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:mad: because my iPad is jail broken I can't update? I put this on here because I thought it was going to be cool. :mad: I can't even get rid of the apps that were intalled using Cydia I thought I could customize my iPad. but I can't Does anyOne Know how to get the Cydia apps off and customize the ipad

You can update your iPad any time you want. What do you want to update it from and to? What model iPad is it? 1 or 2? 3G or WiFi only?
If you are talking about updating to IOS5, you can. If you have an iPad2 you will lose your jailbreaking ability for now. If you have an iPad1, that can be jailbroken on IOS5 today, but it is a tethered jailbreak. We have a good sticky about that here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

To remove apps in Cydia is easy. Open Cydia, switch to the "installed" pane (along the bottom), find the app or tweak you want to remove in the list, click it, then choose the "remove" button which is now in place of the original "install" button. Simple.

The term "customise" can mean many things to many different folks. Have a look at this thread for some of the best apps and tweaks that customise your iPad - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html
If you are talking about themeing your iPad, you'll need to install winterboard from Cydia, then have a look in our themes section - iPad Themes

Hope that maybe starts the ball rolling...

If you give us more details about your device and what you want to do, that will help.

OP
MoreAwsomeThanYouAre
Reaction score
ahhhhhh I'm going to play a game my brain hurts

this iPad Cyddia jailbreak tethered (?_?) stuff is making my head spin just my looking at it and tethered I can't
even remember (!_!) thanks you very much for kindness and help

but I'm going to do some more research :)

Most reactions

Latest posts