What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me or point me to a forum that can? I downloaded dreamboard from cydia and 2 Dreamboard
Themes last night. But I don't like it and want to remove them. When I go into cydia and hit uninstall and can't
uninstall it. I get a message for dreamboard and each of the themes as it starts the uninstall process. I get two messages in red. The first says,"trying to overwrite/Applications/Dreamboard app/icon.png which is also in package.com.wynd.dreamboard. Then right below this message in red I get the message "subprocess/usr/binldpkg returned an error". Now I can't remove dream board and the two themes. Can anybody help me erase Dreamboard and these two themes? Thank you

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You aren't actually running Dreamboard before you go into Cydia are you? Best to make sure you fully exit Dreamboard, reboot the iPad, and then remove them. Start by removing both themes first, then the actual Dreamboard app.
Let us know how you get on.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go back to the stock theme, (aka in dreamboard, don't have any themes running. Then go to Cydia and uninstall.

OP
C

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Closing dreamboard

Dumb question but how do I close dreamboard or the theme? When I got into dreamboard, there is just the honeycomb theme. When I hold down the honeycomb theme I only have 3 choices, edit, reset and cancel. So I don't know how to close the theme and I don't see any options to close dreamboard. How do I do this? Thanks

OP
C

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do that and the dreamboard and honeycomb theme are still active and on

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ccohen6410 said:
I do that and the dreamboard and honeycomb theme are still active and on

Are you sure you are rebooting? AFAIK Dreamboard cant auto-start. It certainly does not on my iPad.

OP
C

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume I am rebooting by turning the ipad off. So yes, I assume i am rebooting. If this is wrong please let me know the right way to do it. Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You turn the iPad off fully by holding the power button for several seconds until the slider pops up. Then you turn it off. Once that is complete you can turn it back on again by pressing the power button. You will see the Apple logo for about 30 seconds. Dreamboard should not be running if you do this.

OP
C

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do hold power button down and then slide the slidder to turn the ipad off. When I turn it on, I enter my password (have to for work email) and then the honeycomb theme immediately comes on. So the ipad seems to be starting up with dreamboard on. Also, what is odd is that whenever I turn it off, whatever app layout i had on the honeycomb theme (i.e. order of apps in a row such as first contacts, then app store, then browser, etc) is changed and so is the wallpaper, even when I save it. I can't seem to turn dreamboard off.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My apologies, I had no idea Dreamboard survived a reboot. I should have checked first.

As per graywolf's instructions, you will have to open the dreamboard app from an icon on the honeycomb theme, then choose the theme that says "default" (which looks like an iPhone picture, but it's OK, this just closes dreamboard). Once you are back to your normal springboard, you should be able to uninstall it.

OP
C

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is part of my problem but when I hit the dreamboard icon (which is just a D on my screen with the word dreamboard underneath it), the only theme that shows up is honeycomb. There is no default option or anything that looks like an iPhone to hit. And so I can't delete dreamboard and get back to my normal springboard.

OP
C

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing happened when I gave it a minute but now I have a new problem. I entered safe mode last night and tried to delete dreamboard in cydia and first i got the same error message I had been getting when I try to delete it. I tried one more time and it seemed to delete it as it wasn't showing in the installed area of cydia. I did the same with the honeycomb theme and it is no longer in cydia in the install area. But something else has happened and I now only can come in safe mode. Every time i turn the ipad off and then back on I get the message "Springboard has just crashed. MobileSubstrate /did not/ cause this problem: it has protected you from it." I then restart and it still gives me the same message and is in safe mode.

I think I should just wipe my ipad clean and re-install everything. Can anyone please give me step by step instructions? I have an ipad 2 and running 4.3.3. I want to be able to keep my ipad jailbroken when I re-install everything so please tell me how to wipe everything off and re-install without losing my jailbreak if this is possible. I saved my shsh blobs when I first jailbroke it. I am assuming I did it correctly since when i enter cydia my SHSH blobs are saved as it says SHSH: IOS 4.3.3, 4.3.5 at top. Then at the bottome of cydia i see something that says iPad2 GSM, iOS 4.3.3, Cydia 1.1.2 and then a long string of letters and numbers.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules
"Some index files failed to download. they have been ignored, or old ones used instead"

It seems with all the errors i get my best bet is to wipe it clean. or should i just delete cydia and re-install it? Please tell me the easiest/best way to get my jailbroken ipad working properly again.

2.) I have a bunch of pictures that are on my ipad of my little son that were emailed to me. Most are backed up but how can i just back up all my pictures before I wipe my ipad so that I make sure i don't lose any? Is there a program i can use or anything like that? I do have ifile on my ipad.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who is trying to help me. It is much appreciated and I hope i can return the favor to someone else one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts