What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia pops up in small window

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On both my mini and ipad 2 the cydia app opens up small like in the corner of my screen. I can restring in safe mode to fix it but des anyone know why this is happening?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On both my mini and ipad 2 the cydia app opens up small like in the corner of my screen. I can restring in safe mode to fix it but des anyone know why this is happening?

It's possible that just before this started happening, you installed an app or tweak that was incompatible with the iPad. If so, try deleting it and see if the screen returns to normal.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have some tweak loaded that is incompatible with your iPad or its iOS (or both). Check your list of installed tweaks carefully to see which one(s) might be causing it.

If you can't locate the problem tweak - may I suggest you list out your installed tweaks? Maybe we can find the problem one(s)...

Marilyn

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can any tweak cause this or is it just visual tweaks?

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the following tweaks installed:

Customgrid v1.0-2
Infinidock v2.0.3-1
Open notifier v1.1.3
Stealth Cam v1.4
Wifi booster v1.3.1
Zeppelin 1.1-1

All of the tweaks above say that they support iOS 4.0 and above however I do not know if that will affect my iPad Mini. My iPad Mini is currently running software 6.1.2 with the evasion untethered jailbreak for 6.1.2.

The top three tweaks are my best guesses.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
CustomGrid possibly. If you're using the free version, it's not updated for iOS 6 support yet. CustomGrid 2 supports iOS 6 though. Infinidock and Zeppelin works, running them on all my devices. Open Notifier, Stealth Cam and Wifi Booster should be fine according to the list.

Running on 3 hours of sleep the last 2 days so you might want to check for yourself in case my eyes are playing tricks on me.

iOS 6 Cydia Tweak/App Compatibility

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I removed open notifier and grid lock. When I removed gridlock the ipad went to a black screen and would not restring so I held the home button and power button. Is that normal? And also is there a free grid lock replace,met for iOS six to adjust home screen icons? (I don't have money for a paid version)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that you should've removed it using Safe Mode. But if it's running again now, it should be fine. As for a free version or alternative for Gridlock, not that I know of. Then again I don't use Gridlock :p Maybe another member or mod can chime in with respect to alternatives. Remember, piracy's never the answer.

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do agree at piracy is never the answer. I was more curious about a version of gridlock that has less features like a free version or something. I'll probably buy it eventually as I like to have billions of icons on my screen haha. Well thanks for the help everyone the cydia app seems to work fine! :D

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh nevermind Cydia just popped up small again. I uninstalled infinidoc as it was not on that list of compatible iOS six tweaks I reopened cydia and works fine again so hopefully cydia doesn't become small again.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just updated it to iOS 6.1.2 on Friday. Restored all my tweaks/apps without a problem. No compatibility issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts