What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia,please help!

patrick37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everybody,

i have a problem.I had my ipad jailbreak,everything worked fine
then i had a problem and had to restore my ipad back to its factory settings
it installed firmware 3.2.2,i succesfully brought it back to firmware 3.2.

Then installed Cydia again and jailbreakt my ipad.
its saying that it was succesfull but when i put apps (that i downloaded and worked fine till the factory settings ) on my ipad itunes tells me there is a problem and they can't be installed.

When i installed cydia for the first time i had to add packages manually,i can't find what they were now,but would that be the problem why nothing works??

please,can somebody help me???

thank you for reading my story

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia and itunes are separate, as far as apps they don't know about each other. Apps installed via cydia ( always have to do these manually) will have to be reinstalled.
itunes does not sync/backup any cydia apps, every time you jailbreak you have to reinstall all of the Cydia apps ( there are a couple of Cydia apps that will back/restore up Cydia apps).

OP
P

patrick37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer,but i think i wrote it wrong

for example,the app real racing hd,before my crash i installed that app through itunes and it worked fine(just like 127 other apps!)

can i install apps like labyrinth 2 hd through cydia?

it is all a mystery for me,while it was all so simple before the crash

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you asking if cydia "remembers" what you have previously downloaded? If that's your question, then my answer will be "not to my knowledge"

If you are asking weather you can install app store apps through cydia, my answer will be "no"

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
")on my ipad itunes tells me there is a problem and they can't be installed"
what is the error ?

"can i install apps like labyrinth 2 hd through cydia?"
no only cydia via cydia and itunes apps via itunes.

if one particular app itunes is giving you trouble delete it from the ipad -> then delete it from itunes (if it asks to move files to trash say yesy)-> then sync-> then download the app again on ipad ( it might say you have already downloaded it ,do you want to do it again ->yes) -> then sync again .
app should be on ipad and in itunes.

OP
P

patrick37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NO no no no

again,i jailbreakt my ipad,then downloaded payed apps for free
put them on my ipad through itunes.worked perfectly

then a problem,cause i used sharepod to access my ipad
ipad said i must go back to the factory settings
i did,then jailbreak the ipad,and now the apps i installed again,but the payed apps won't work
that is the story

Most reactions

Latest posts