What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia app for YouTube capture?

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a patch for my pre that allows download when watching YouTube. Does one exist for iPad?

mcerlain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yourtube, through cydia, is excellent.

However, my copy disappeared when I upgraded from 3.2 - 4.2.1 and installed redsnow.
....still working on that....:(

Sridhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tested the free version of TagDiskHD and it is working fine.

Anyone know how to copy the saved mp4 files from YouTube under Documents to Videos?

bamfsig45

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Anyone know how to copy the saved mp4 files from YouTube under Documents to Videos?

I used iFile to transfer when I used mxTube I believe (which also will download youtube videos and works on 4.2.1).

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

You can click on the "share" tab and export to your pc and then do whatever you want with them.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YourTubeHD in Cydia doesn't work with 4.2. I was hoping they'd have it fixed by now but no go so it was a wasted $5 for me. It keeps asking for some gs.wildcat file (and no, you can't set Cydia to 'developer' and download the file from there).
TagDiskHD really downloads YouTube videos so you can save them? I thought they were in .flv format? If someone can let me know I'll go buy the thing right now.
Edit: Ok, I just tried TagDiskHD Lite and it works just perfectly great! I'm on my way to buy the full version, thanks you guys! Too bad I can't get my money back from YourTubeHD since it doesn't work. I suppose that's the risk you take with Cydia stuff.

Last edited:
OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where are tag disk lite files saved? Under "disk" there is just an ad. I created a new folder in addition to favorites when asked where I want to save.where can I find them?

bamfsig45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YourTubeHD in Cydia doesn't work with 4.2. I was hoping they'd have it fixed by now but no go so it was a wasted $5 for me. It keeps asking for some gs.wildcat file (and no, you can't set Cydia to 'developer' and download the file from there).
TagDiskHD really downloads YouTube videos so you can save them? I thought they were in .flv format? If someone can let me know I'll go buy the thing right now.
Edit: Ok, I just tried TagDiskHD Lite and it works just perfectly great! I'm on my way to buy the full version, thanks you guys! Too bad I can't get my money back from YourTubeHD since it doesn't work. I suppose that's the risk you take with Cydia stuff.

the wildcat fix is fairly easy, ive done it. here are some instructions.
I bought a theme that wouldnt download due to the error and after this fix it worked just fine.

Solution to error ‘gsc.wildcat’ in Cydia iPad | iphone news | Iphonecation.com

and I too bought TagDiskHD+ and im happy with it, works great.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Bamfsig. I'll try that as soon as I leave here!

Where are tag disk lite files saved? Under "disk" there is just an ad. I created a new folder in addition to favorites when asked where I want to save.where can I find them?

Dr Gee, I just used iFile (Cydia app) and navigated to the files, they're at:
var/mobile/applications/TagDiskHD/Documents/files
Assuming you use iFile make sure (in iFile settings) that 'application names' is toggled to ON. Otherwise all your app names show up as big long strange letters. TagDisk also gives you the http/ip address you can put into your browser and add or remove files through wifi.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, Bamfsig, I went to the directions and I do remember trying that also. It tells me the file can't be written. I'm sure I could go through wifi, edit the file and replace it in iFile. But that seems like such a pain and I'm not by my main computer right now to do it.
Thanks for trying to help though. Very much appreciated!

bamfsig45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, Bamfsig, I went to the directions and I do remember trying that also. It tells me the file can't be written. I'm sure I could go through wifi, edit the file and replace it in iFile. But that seems like such a pain and I'm not by my main computer right now to do it.
Thanks for trying to help though. Very much appreciated!

I didn't have that problem although I've read where others have. I was able to edit and save the file without issues. You were using iFile from Cydia?

mcerlain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Point of interpretation; I trust when the instructions sate to "restart iPad"' they are referring to a full tethered restart? Not just the usual power screen off and back on?

Reason for asking, is the fix isn't working for me.....but I am not near my computer to do a tethered reboot yet.

Update: I did a tethered reboot and the install was successful. Sadly, my previous downloads are no longer there.
Is it possible they have been saved, but just are not appearing in the new install?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts