What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cut and paste

ipadmarc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello forum,
new to ipad. I use the ipad to type certain sections of notes for work (on an online program). My question is there an app or way i can copy or cut a number of certain phrases that I keep using. Or is there a way I can make a hot key to insert these phrases. In other words if I keep typing the same paragraph daily, how can I cut and paste them. Currently I can only copy one section at a time.
thanks forum

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Wow - you pose a really interesting question here. I've never thought of this problem. I realise that I have been doing this by simply keeping all my 'frequently used phrases' as separate documents within the Apple iPad iWorks 'Pages' (MS Word compatible) and then using them as and when needed. But I realise that you have 'put your finger' on the problem and I see I've been really dumb....I'm sure there must be an app out there that can do this and I hope that one of the Forum members will tell us about it....

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
Copy it, paste it as a note , when you need to do it again open the note , copy/paste the note ?
Its what I do for paragraphs

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Copy it, paste it as a note , when you need to do it again open the note , copy/paste the note ?

Support Our Troops!!

Great Idea!! Why didn't I think of that? (Actually I know why, I'm not as clever as Mountainbikermark) :)

OK - I'm going to transfer all those documents in Pages to Notes - scrolling between documents in Pages is a bit of a pain because there's no index and, as soon as you make even the slightest change to a document, it moves it to the 'head of the document queue', so you lose track of where all the documents are.

With Notes, at least they are all visible on the left hand table.

Thanks again for that tip!!

Tim
Scotland

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually Tim, you are probably sleep deprived......;)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually Tim, you are probably sleep deprived......;)

iPad Moderators move at the 'speed of light' so time is constantly moving forward and, didn't Einstein say, e=mc² - so we never need to sleep..

Tim Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Support Our Troops!!

Thats more or less what I do, except I use Evernote. That way I can get to my notes on all my toys. Evernote also has folders and search functions that come in handy.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same need. I keep a note loaded that has many of the phrases I need to use on a continuing basis. I just double tap the home key to the note app, copy, then paste in the new document, whatever that might be.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's times like this you realise that having a larger screen and the ability to run two programs side by side would be a great development for the iPad. Roll on the larger screen.

Last edited:

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you could substitute emoji for words! Allot of people were complaining of the lack of a Canadian flag and gave it one star, well the app only adds a few lines to the keyboard Plist to enable emoji.

Attachments

• image-2296739146.jpg
    image-2296739146.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 323

Most reactions