What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom made iPad carmounts

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this guy figure it out an iPad mount for his Subaru STi and apparently is developing mounts based on OEM specs. Pretty cool. Fit with OEM panels look impressive!

Presample here:

img0685la.jpg

timetable is in the ~7 week timeframe. While the version you see in the video was very good, I wasn't totally happy with a few features. The latest and final version will be arriving on my doorstep this coming Wednesday. Once I approve fit and function, a 6 week clock starts until production parts are available.
I believe they only have the Impreza STI available, but they are accepting requests for others. Looks interesting, but I have an OEM NAV screen and I can't figure it out where I would put it.

Link with video with more info.

Star56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem with this setup is that you cannot use the ipad in landscape mode, my preferred configuration. This is a nice idea but many cars/trucks would be difficult to retrofit with such a device.

I have tried four different mount setups in my 09 Accord. My last try was with the Proclip mount. I had to DIY the mount to give me the proper angle to eliminate glare from the back or front window. It is not perfect but it took a lot of trial and error to get it right.

The ipad is a killer device in a car. Particularly if you have 3G access and the GPS.

OP
R

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. I want my install to be able to tilt and swivel.

I just tried to help showing a way (among others) to do it properly. I've seen a lot of bad installs already (""death pads"), velcro, bungee cords, it's giving iPad owners a bad name. Yes, can be a KILLER device in a car, but in more than one way! ;)

Most reactions