What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curious question about the SHSH blobs.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was just wondering about this and if it’s possible. Say I want to start using a different computer for syncing my iPad 2. I have all blobs from 4.3.2 to current saved, could I copy the blobs and place them on the new computer and should I ever need to restore and then access the blobs to downgrade back to 4.3.3 would it work?

Also say I wanted to sell my iPad 2, would I be able to copy the blobs to a disc and provide them to the new owner and would they be able to load them on their computer and be able to downgrade if necessary back to 4.3.3 if they were ever forced to perform a restore? I know the blobs are specific to each individual ipad but does the computer they were saved on play any role in it? Thanks!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was just wondering about this and if it’s possible. Say I want to start using a different computer for syncing my iPad 2. I have all blobs from 4.3.2 to current saved, could I copy the blobs and place them on the new computer and should I ever need to restore and then access the blobs to downgrade back to 4.3.3 would it work?

Also say I wanted to sell my iPad 2, would I be able to copy the blobs to a disc and provide them to the new owner and would they be able to load them on their computer and be able to downgrade if necessary back to 4.3.3 if they were ever forced to perform a restore? I know the blobs are specific to each individual ipad but does the computer they were saved on play any role in it? Thanks!
Just copy the blobs you have saved on 1pc to the other.....blobs are not pc specific....and no need to waste a disk on blobs since they are only 9kb. Just use email...But as usual....I could be wrong.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You got it in one, Outlaw!

Blobs are relatively tiny, are not specific to a PC/Mac and are just like any other file: You can save them wherever and however.

For example, right now, my blobs are on Cydia, my iPad, Dropbox and my PC. May be a bit much ... :)

Marilyn

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You got it in one, Outlaw!

Blobs are relatively tiny, are not specific to a PC/Mac and are just like any other file: You can save them wherever and however.

For example, right now, my blobs are on Cydia, my iPad, Dropbox and my PC. May be a bit much ... :)

Ya think? LOL! I didn't know this ~ Now I do.;)

But they are iPad specific, right?

OP
Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only reason I mentioned the disc is if I were to sell the ipad to someone, I would put the blob files on a disc for them. Being able to advertise it as Jailbroken with blobs saved would bring a little more money than a iPad 2 that is not able to be jailbroken.

SweetPoison, the blobs are iPad specific as in you can't share them with anyone else. I just wan't sure if the computer that saved the blobs had any impact.

Most reactions

Latest posts