What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crux Launches Bespoke iPad Case With Keyboard and Trackpad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
laptop_case.JPG

Engadget features a really cool looking iPad case from Crux today, which might just be the best way yet to turn your iPad into a laptop, should you so desire. The Crux Loaded clamshell case comes complete with a keyboard as well as a remote-Bluetooth trackpad and an additional external battery. According to Cruz, the remote trackpad enables you to control your iPad’s screen using all the same multi-touch functions currently available on iOS, such as scrolling pages, resizing pictures and playing games, and all without having to touch the iPad’s screen.

The Crux Loaded’s additional external battery is housed in the case’s base, and when connected to your iPad via the 30-pin Apple cord it will extend its battery life by approximately 7.5 hours between charges.

The case will be available from the Crux website (see link below) in Fall 2011, and will set you back a rather hefty $249.00.

Source: Crux Loaded case almost turns your iPad into a laptop for $250 -- Engadget, Crux Case – Crux Loaded

ian0508

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm guessing that the case is going to be real expensive + ipad..so i rather buy a macbook

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At that price, it doesn't make sense. I was waiting for it but I will go ahead with something else.

Petes92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't pay more than 150 for that (making it the same price as the Asus transformer dock).

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the concept, price point is a bit steep though. At $150, seems like it would be a winner.

Most reactions

Latest posts