What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

creating additional folders for mail

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have searched the forums for this but was able to locate anything on this topic.

I was wondering if you are able to create additonal folders in the Ipad email other then inbox, sent, & trash. what Im talking about is like in outlook you can add folders to save emails in other then the inbox.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have an IMAP account (e.g. Google mail), then you can create folders for that account on the web site and then the iPad will mirror that set-up. Then, you can move e-mails around...

However, if you e-mail is a POP account, then no, you cannot create folders (at least I haven't found a way - and would be thrilled to be wrong!).

Bottom line is the iPad mirrors what an e-mail account has/allows from the web. Nothing is really created on the iPad itself.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've seen a few articles about ibisMail. It will let you create local (on the iPad) folders for POP accounts. I'm content enough with Mail, so I have not looked into it, but if you have POP mail and have to have local email folders it is probably one of your few options.

There are a few other features that look interesting, but I'm going to wait and see what iOS 5 brings before investing time setting up a third party email app. Besides, like Safari, only the Mail app will work as the default app, so you need to set it up anyway with at least one outgoing email account.

Most reactions