What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create a new Calendar with MobileMe

Firejordan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to make a new calendar in the calendar app. I've currently got four MobileMe calendars that I've had since before I got my iPad, possibly created on my iPhone. Trouble is I can't remember how I made the existing ones and I can't see how to make a new one. Ive looked on the iPad and iPhone. Is four the limit of calendars you're allowed? Or am I missing something? I sure I used to be able make new calendars on my iPhone.

I sync with a windows 7 pc in case that helps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The short answer: You can't do it in the iPad app. It's designed to sync with a more comprehensive calendar app in the cloud or on your computer.

A Better Answer:

Go into Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calendars and look at what Accounts you have set up. Should be at the top of the screen. Each account will list the kinds of things it is syncing with.

My primary account is my [email protected] account. It syncs Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, and other stuff.

If I want add new calendars to iCal I go to my MobileMe account online and create them there. I also sync calendars from my Google account. You want to find the account or accounts that you sync with and go to one of them to create a new calendar.

If you don't have any, you can easily set up a Google account and make some calendars there. When you have them set up the way you want, or before if you are in a hurry, go back to settings and choose Add Account.

Or:

Alternately, you may be syncing your calendar through iTunes. To see if you are: plug the iPad in to the computer, open iTunes, choose yoru iPad from the left column, and go to the sync tab (sorry, that's not the name but can't double check right now).

You'll be able to see what kind of local syncing to your computer that you have set up. If you do have syncing set up for outlook, or exchange, or whatever Windows 7 program they use these days, then create your new calendars in that program then sync the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts