What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corrupted Backup Files

Only Me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The power failed to my PC and corrupted the iPad2 backup files and now I get instructed to delete the files and try again, but I don't know where the backup files are located or which ones to delete. Can anybody help please? I'm running vista.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Generally, you can delete any/all backups from within iTunes itself. Click on Edit > Preference > Devices and then highlight the backup you wish to delete. Once you've highlighted the backup, a button should appear that's titled 'Delete Backup..." Press that button and your backup should be gone. Then, you can run another...

If that didn't work, here is an address I found that lists where iTunes stores the backup on on Vista computer: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Hope this helps. Holler if you need more.

Marilyn

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! Glad it worked for you. And - thanks for posting your results. Always happy to hear back on the success stories. 'Preciate it.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts