What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corrupt backup file.

Doomdancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an error message while syncing that there was something wrong with my backup file. After browsing the forum I tried deleting the backup in iTunes. But I still get the same message. I have also tried restarting my computer (win7), my iPad and have uninstalled/installed iTunes.

What is left to do?

Thanks for helpin

/Mattias

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I am having the same problem and I do not know how to fix it. Maybe the developers haven't worked that out yet. It may not be possible to restore anything from a backup for now.

OP
D

Doomdancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I managed to find the solution. You have to locate the backup file, google it. Don't forget to turn on Show hidden files. Delete the backup file and sync again, then it worked for me.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I managed to find the solution. You have to locate the backup file, google it. Don't forget to turn on Show hidden files. Delete the backup file and sync again, then it worked for me.

Thanks for posting a solution but I have a question. Did you have this when you installed iOS 5? Or are you having this problem on iOS 4?

Most reactions

Latest posts