What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying ROMs to imame4all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Firstly, let me say that I'm not sure if this type of question is allowed or not, so if it's not, I apologize and you can feel free to lock/remove it if necessary.

There is a new app out on itunes called imame4all and I just need to know how to copy ROMs to my ipad 2 in order to play them with imame4all. Maybe there is a tutorial for this?

Thanks in advance!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, discussion of how to obtain ROM's is against our rules as most folks will be obtaining them illegally, but discussion of the emulators themselves is not.

The following is true for IMAME4ALL from Cydia. I have no idea if the iTunes version recently released is functionally identical. There is a chance it is not (I can't test as it is not in the UK App Store at this time).

To answer your question, you need to transfer the ROMs to your iPad using SSH. Install OpenSSH through Cydia, then use a SSH Client from your PC to connect with the iPad (e.g. CyberDuck or WinSCP). The default SSH credentials are "root" "alpine".

The description for MAME4ALL in Cydia tells you which folder you need to navigate to and drop your ROMS in. This will likely be different for an App Store version due to Apple sandboxing. If the app can "oficially" support additional ROM's then check that you can't actually transfer them using the Apps tab on your device in iTunes.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only thing is that I don't have Cydia. This is a version of imame4all that was released publicly on itunes yesterday. Do I still need Cydia to add my own roms?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
GAMESHARQ said:
The only thing is that I don't have Cydia. This is a version of imame4all that was released publicly on itunes yesterday. Do I still need Cydia to add my own roms?

I can't answer that for the reasons I stated in my post.

Did you even try my suggestion at the end?

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see why not. I am not asking where I can obtain roms. I already have roms. I just need to know how to transfer them to my ipad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
GAMESHARQ said:
I don't see why not. I am not asking where I can obtain roms. I already have roms. I just need to know how to transfer them to my ipad.

That is not what I was referring to. The fact that the App is not in the UK app store at the moment means I have no way to test it. That is what I stated.

Best of luck.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that iMAME is available to me via the iTunes Store, I can confirm it does not support additional ROMS as standard.

To use any larger collection of legal ROMS you have to be jailbroken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions