What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy/paste

woodchip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to copy and paste sections of books or manuals from IBooks and paste into a speak to text app. I have followed other suggestions i.e highlight the first word, grab the blue button and drag to the bottom and then a copy button should appear but it doesn't, any help please. This is using ios6 if that is relevant,

Woodchip

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can only copy from iBooks if the ebook is DRM (Digital Rights Management) free. Most books purchased in the iBooks Store have DRM. That's true of almost all the main ebook stores/publishers.

However: you can use Voice Over to read a page or two at at time. I've never quite figured out how the gestures work, but I'm sure it makes sense to someone. Might be necessary to find a tutorial to get the most out of it.

Voice Over is found under Settings > General > Accessibility.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts