What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert movies or do you have a solution?

riv3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you convert your .avi .mkv HD movies into .mp4 files or do you have an app that allows you to watch videos that are in those extensions?

nurdin_fahim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
riv3r said:
Do you convert your .avi .mkv HD movies into .mp4 files or do you have an app that allows you to watch videos that are in those extensions?

You can try AV Player HD, it can play almost all my clips collection even for ext.m2v
It's also easy to arrange into folders...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Cschueren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
riv3r said:

Handbrake to convert then video monkey to add the metadata.

Handbrake has the presets for the iPad and really does a great job.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an app called airvideo. I use it to stream movies from my Mac shares to my iPad without converting. The app gives you the option to convert on the fly or convert before watching but does not save the converted file to the iPad it just converts for streaming purposes then discards the file. I don't have to convert and add to iTunes anymore!

I don't know if it handles mkv files , haven't tried one yet.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an app called airvideo. I use it to stream movies from my Mac shares to my iPad without converting. The app gives you the option to convert on the fly or convert before watching but does not save the converted file to the iPad it just converts for streaming purposes then discards the file. I don't have to convert and add to iTunes anymore!

I don't know if it handles mkv files , haven't tried one yet.

Not exactly the case. It gives you the option to convert on the fly to stream directly or just convert. If you just convert it will save it where you tell it to save and then you can load on your iPad through iTunes. If you open your Air Video "Server Settings", under "Settings" at the bottom you will see the option to set the path to save.

Air Video works very well. Buzz Player is good also as you don't need to convert.

Most reactions

Latest posts