What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert jpg to pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbgaskins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to be able to mark up, i.e. make notes over, photos that are on my iPad.

I have several PDF readers that would do the trick if I could convert the jpg to a pdf so that I could open them in the pdf readers.

Is there a way to convert the jpg to a pdf on the iPad so that it can be done?

Brad

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about file conversions from the iPad but on a computer Photoshop handles conversions from jpeg to PDF quite nicely.

OP
M

mbgaskins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have done that. Can't get the pdf to show up anywhere on the iPad. I have to go back through my computer to get to the PDF.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm surprised. I put photos (jpeg) in files all the time and export as pdfs. I've used Pages, Office HD, Smartnotes, etc. The problem may be where you are exporting to on the Ipad. Maybe I'm also not understanding what you want to do with the photo-or where. Are you trying to do the additional notes on the Ipad?

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I guess I'm not sure what your difficulty is either. If you are trying to see the pdf, try Dropbox. Get a free version so that if it doesn't work for you it hasn't cost you anything to test it.

Marykaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
converting jpg for markup

Hello,
Encouraged by previous replies, I found a successful solution.

Emailed a photo, downloaded it to my iPad and uploaded it to Dropbox. Inserted it into Notarize and it can mark up a schedule and other images beautifully.

Thanks and good luck!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another idea is to import it into a Pages doc on the iPad. Pages saves the document to a PDF.

Alternatively, you could bring it into your favorite image editor/drawing app like sketchbook pro.

Cameyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey i have the same isuue
currently im just using an online converter on my mac
ive tried the solutions posted here but they dont work for me :(
really appreciate if someone could come up with a work around :)
regards
cameron

Last edited by a moderator:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since this post is 3 years old, chances are that these members have found a solution and won't me coming back to this thread.

We will now close this thread due.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions