What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controlling the iPad with iPhone or iPod touch?

damppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wondered if there is an app, or any way to control the iPad with your iPod touch or iPhone? I need this, because I have to teach sometimes and I do this with my iPad.

But because the iPad is connected to a projection device with a cable, I can't walk in the class anymore, because I have to sweep the slides on my iPad.

Is there now any way to control the iPad so that I can still walk around in the class?

Many thanks!

Damppy.

nhbeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wondered if there is an app, or any way to control the iPad with your iPod touch or iPhone? I need this, because I have to teach sometimes and I do this with my iPad.

But because the iPad is connected to a projection device with a cable, I can't walk in the class anymore, because I have to sweep the slides on my iPad.

Is there now any way to control the iPad so that I can still walk around in the class?

Many thanks!

Damppy.

Currently there is no app I am aware of that will do this. However, if you are interested in jail breaking your iPad, you can use a bluetooth mouse to control the iPad once its jail broken. Instructions are here: Use iPad with Magic Mouse [Video] | Redmond Pie

jamesgeng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried control iPad with iPhone 4 by VNC.
It worked well but not perfectly.
Step 1. Download & install an App named Veency on iPad, now you have a VNC server running on your iPad.
Step 2. Purchase or download & install a VNC client such as Jaadu/iTeleport/Moach... On your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Step 3. Now you can use your iPhone view & control the desktop of iPad when their are in same wifi area.

Try it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried control iPad with iPhone 4 by VNC.
It worked well but not perfectly.
Step 1. Download & install an App named Veency on iPad, now you have a VNC server running on your iPad.
Step 2. Purchase or download & install a VNC client such as Jaadu/iTeleport/Moach... On your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Step 3. Now you can use your iPhone view & control the desktop of iPad when their are in same wifi area.

Try it.

^ best way

Only use, RealVNC...it is really inexpensive and very very powerful (coming from the company that invented VNC it should be!!)

Most reactions

Latest posts