What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts not sync'ing through MobileMe

iKan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my contacts are not sync'ing accross mobile me. I'm not having any issues with the calendar however. I use MobileMe on my computer, iPhone and iPad. No matter which device I enter a contact... it doesn't sync with other devices. Any sugestions or solutions?

Thanks in advance

famerbeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MobileMe is replacing .Mac. .Mac is an email application service that you pay for yearly. Apple is turning .Mac into Mobileme. What this means is that everyone who had .Mac will have the choice to switch to MobileMe.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some things to check/try.

Plug the iPad into iTunes, select it, and go to the Info tab at the top. Make sure that Contact syncing is not selected. It should say below that you contacts are being synced via MobileMe.

Log onto MobileMe via a computer, and make sure there are some contacts to be synced. It is always possible something happened to remove them. Address is me.com

On the iPad. Go into Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your MobileMe account. Make sure the contacts switch is turned on.

If it is on, turn it off. Go back to Contacts and make sure they all disappeared. Now go back to Settings and turn it back on. Check the Contacts to make sure everything is working again.

More drastic, but perfectly safe (as long as your earlier check to make sure all you stuff was on the me.com site was good), delete the MobileMe account. The re-add it. I've had to do this occasionally when I played around with the settings too much. Things got stuck until I reset it this way.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
MobileMe is replacing .Mac. .Mac is an email application service that you pay for yearly. Apple is turning .Mac into Mobileme. What this means is that everyone who had .Mac will have the choice to switch to MobileMe.

The .Mac to MobileMe change over is long over. The only thing lingering is the email address, which simply acts as an alias for your new @me.com address.

Most reactions

Latest posts