What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contact sync between two devices using icloud

Winam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rene-photography.de
Hey folks,
I have an iphone 4 and an ipad 2. Both run ios 5 and i want them to sync the contacts usng the cloud. Both are connected, but the only sync the contacts, they stored there.

I have the adressbook onmy ipad up to date, so i want this tobe on my iphone as well without doing it again or hsing itunes. If iedit or creat a contact on the ipad, i want it/them tobe sync to my iphone.

How can i do that?

Thanks winam

Sent from my iPad or IPhone using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both devices need to be using the same iCloud account. They can do this even if they have different iTunes accounts.

Since the iPad has the up to date address book, go to Settings iCloud and sign in there first. If you don't have an iCloud account yet, you should get an option to create one. If you already have an apple email with MobileMe, follow the instructions on how to migrate to iCloud at Apple's site instead. When you get the option, choose to Merge your contacts. Go to iCloud.com on a computer and make sure they are they got transferred.

Now do the same on your iPhone. Again, for safeties sake, you should chose to Merge the contacts. You may have to delete duplicates afterwards, but this is better than trying to recover stuff that went away; assuming you even get a different option.

If you don't want to use iCloud, it is also possible to do what you want with Google or Yahoo. You will lose the ability to create and manage Groups, but there are other pluses with those services (Google's at least). But don't worry about that now. You can always change your mind later.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I couldn't find any relevant topic so I will ask it here if it's ok. You know when we download an app on ipad, it appear on iphone too. Do I have to turn icloud off to avoid this?

Go to Settings > Store and turn off the Apps option. You can also choose to have Books or Music automatically sync. Do this on both devices and in Preferences in iTunes on the computer (if you use it).

The right way to ask a question when search does not turn up a thread about your issue is to start a new one in the appropriate forum. In this case Help would have worked. Here is a link to a thread on how to start your own threads.

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Most reactions