What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contact/mail crash

nickpost1987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there.

I bought aan iPad 2 yesterday, i am verry happy with it but when i want to open my contacts, mail, or mail settings nothing happens and my screen go right back to the home screen.

I've tried to reboot, but nothing seems to work.

Can anybody help me please???

Grtz. Nick

will7201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Searched the web and found a guy who at least found a way for his problem.
Check out the Apple Support Communities, can't supply a link, but hope I'm okay pasting his post:
Matthias239:
Hello everybody,

I spend several hours last night and finally get it back to work.

First what did not work:
I connected the iPad with iTunes an click restore. But when it asked I choose restore from last backup. Even before any app or data where restored, the contacts crashed again.

What works for me:
Disabled all apps and data from synching with iTunes
Click 'restore' in iTunes.
I the middle of this process the iPad (not iTunes) asked about the restore mode.
Choose option 'as new iPad'
Then I got a new blank installation without external apps or data. But with working contacts.
I set up my connection with exchange and other mail accounts.
Then I enabled all apps and data (photos, music, podcasts) one by one and synch.

Note: I am running a german version, so I dont know the exakt english names.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

I'm gonna try this later today.

Will.

OP
nickpost1987

nickpost1987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okee it works now.. WhoopWhoop XD

I restored my ipad, deleted all settings and apps, and started as a new Ipad. And everything works fine now.
Thank you..

will7201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, same here! I have a fully working, syncing iPad 2 now.
What a fantastic piece of engineering it is as well.

Will.

Most reactions

Latest posts