What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connector Question

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Question re the cable that comes with the new iPad:

I have been leaving it connected to the iPad unit as I thought that plugging it in and out
would cause more wear and tear, than just leaving it in.

But, doing so of course, causes a lot of strain on the wire at the connector as I use it.
A fair a,punt of twisting, etc., of course.

So, what do you folks think of lots of plugging ins and outs ?

Has the experience with the unit/cable connectors been good ?

Or,...?

Thanks,
Bob

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never had any issues with the connector. It is true that it does not feel quite like it did when it was new but it has never cause an issue in charging or syncing.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With reasonable care, the connector is designed to last the life of the iPad. I've never had a connector fail, and though you do hear about it on the forum now and then, it does not crop up often enough to suggest it is a common problem.

Remember, this same basic design has been in use on iPods for quite some time. They've had plenty of time to get it right.

And hold in mind that your hardware warranty should cover any problems with the iPad side of the connector (absent obvious abuse). You've got a one year warranty, at the minimum; two years if you bought any version of Applecare. Also, in some European countries local regulations specify a minimum two year warranty.

So, I wouldn't worry about it all that much. I only leave my iPad plugged in while using it if the battery is about to die on me, and I don't want to quit whatever I'm doing.

Most reactions

Latest posts