What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPad to Stero System

Binton

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 21, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Hi Im a newbie here and Im wondering whats the cheapest cord available to connect my ipad to my home radio sound system[ not a car one]. Do I need just an average aux cable from the dollar store or what, Thanks
 

quake5254

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 13, 2011
Messages
642
Reaction score
16
Location
Philippine
Get a cable from RadioShack. A 3.5 earphone jack on one end, and a red and white RCA jack on the other end of the cable. That'll work just fine.
What I have now is a Jabra Bluetooth (from eBay) receiver where you can connect your regular or favorite 3.5 earphone. Instead of using the cable that I mentioned connected directly to my iPad, I connect the RCA to the stereo and the other end to the Bluetooth device. Regardless what room I am in, I can control the music anywhere with my iPad. The best is when I'm lying down and I don't have to stand just to get close to the stereo and change the music.
What do you think?
 

tdrew

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
50
Reaction score
1
Location
Austin, TX
quake5254 said:
Get a cable from RadioShack. A 3.5 earphone jack on one end, and a red and white RCA jack on the other end of the cable. That'll work just fine.
What I have now is a Jabra Bluetooth (from eBay) receiver where you can connect your regular or favorite 3.5 earphone. Instead of using the cable that I mentioned connected directly to my iPad, I connect the RCA to the stereo and the other end to the Bluetooth device. Regardless what room I am in, I can control the music anywhere with my iPad. The best is when I'm lying down and I don't have to stand just to get close to the stereo and change the music.
What do you think?

Can you enlighten us a bit more? Exactly what Jabra device did you buy? That sounds very cool!

Tom
 
OP
B

Binton

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 21, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Can you tell me which one out of these I need?
Speaker cables - A/V cables - RadioShack.comnd do you know what the name for these cables are and isn't their a cheaper way like shouldnt their be cheaper cords on ebay or something. Ty for your help

200 views and only one post wow...
 

garnyuk

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
uk
amazon.co.uk/Kitsound-iDock-Charge-Compatible-iPhone/dp/B00555RH7Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332525659&sr=1-1]Kitsound iDock Multi Dock for Charge, Data and Audio: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

thats what i use
 

quake5254

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 13, 2011
Messages
642
Reaction score
16
Location
Philippine
tdrew said:
Can you enlighten us a bit more? Exactly what Jabra device did you buy? That sounds very cool!

Tom
What I have is the Jabra Bluetooth Clipper. Just connect the 3.5 end of the stereo cable to the Clipper and the RCA jack end of that same cable to the auxiliary input of the stereo.
How do I paste a picture so it'll be easier for me describe the cable?
 

quake5254

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 13, 2011
Messages
642
Reaction score
16
Location
Philippine
quake5254 said:
What I have is the Jabra Bluetooth Clipper. Just connect the 3.5 end of the stereo cable to the Clipper and the RCA jack end of that same cable to the auxiliary input of the stereo.
How do I paste a picture so it'll be easier for me describe the cable?



image-1657663280.jpg

This is the cable that I use to connect my Jabra Bluetooth device to the stereo.
 

ctolb

iPF Noob
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne
Hi - new to iPad and am connecting to new AV receiver using either USB or apple av component connector but only getting sound fromone speaker. Same problem on old receiver as well. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
 

quake5254

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 13, 2011
Messages
642
Reaction score
16
Location
Philippine
ctolb said:
Hi - new to iPad and am connecting to new AV receiver using either USB or apple av component connector but only getting sound fromone speaker. Same problem on old receiver as well. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Since you've tried on both new and old component, I'm pretty sure it's your cable that has the problem.
Reconnect the cable again to your iPad. It might just be a loose connection.
Try connecting it on tv and watch some movies. It the sound is ok, then there's no problem with the cable.
I haven't tried apple av component cable with stereo components before but I do have one and only for watching movies or pictures on tv.
I still recommend the cable that I've posted before. It's not that expensive.
I'll give it a try and reply soon.
 

quake5254

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 13, 2011
Messages
642
Reaction score
16
Location
Philippine
That would work alright. Jabra Clipper is an accessory for mobile communication. But it worked well with components too. Double purpose.
 

Kempshia

iPF Noob
Joined
Aug 31, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome, Italy
Thank you! You've helped me resolve a problem I've been battling with for 8 months. I've just ordered it and am sure it will work just fine. Thanks again. Kem
 

tekki

iPF Noob
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
new jersey
To be honest I bought an apple tv and connected it to my av receiver, because it is the easiest way to control music from anywhere in the house. Stream pandora too from my iPad. I can control my denon from the iPad with the denon app or roomie remote.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top