What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

connecting ipad 3 and an iphone 4

amandajane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
My name is amanda-jane and i am a complete iPad novice,so please excuse my ignorance.I have had an iPhone 4 for some time and yesterday treated myself to a new iPad 3,first impressions are i absolutely love it,however i do have a question i would like some help with,heres my question:- i have a large amount of music,videos and pictures on my iPhone which i have built up over time,the majority of my music is albums and songs that have not been purchased through iTunes,i have been told,rightly of wrongly,that if i use i-cloud to sync my iPhone to my iPad,anything that has not been purchased through the itunes store will be deleted,obviously now i am worried about syncing them together as i would only be left with maybe 15 songs that have been purchased/downloaded from the iTunes store.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
Amanda-Jane

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
amandajane said:
Hi everyone.
My name is amanda-jane and i am a complete iPad novice,so please excuse my ignorance.I have had an iPhone 4 for some time and yesterday treated myself to a new iPad 3,first impressions are i absolutely love it,however i do have a question i would like some help with,heres my question:- i have a large amount of music,videos and pictures on my iPhone which i have built up over time,the majority of my music is albums and songs that have not been purchased through iTunes,i have been told,rightly of wrongly,that if i use i-cloud to sync my iPhone to my iPad,anything that has not been purchased through the itunes store will be deleted,obviously now i am worried about syncing them together as i would only be left with maybe 15 songs that have been purchased/downloaded from the iTunes store.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
Amanda-Jane

Hi , you will love the iPad 3 , have the same
Just turn off the iCloud options, in settings that you don't won't to synch,
Music doesn't synch to iCloud , in iTunes you can also choose what you want , same as the iPhone, each device has it's own setting for synching.
Music added to iTunes can't just disappear , specially if it is stored on your hard drive, in my country you cannot buy music through iTunes , so all my music has to be loaded manually and synced to the iDevice
Enjoy your new gadget!

Most reactions

Latest posts