What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect my wifi ipad to my wireless tether app from phone

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My droid is rooted and i have wireless tethering app, i activate it, then go to wireless signals on ipad and see my "androidtether" signal, unlocked it and select it as my signal, open safari and try to surf and it says not connected to internet, disconnect and tried again, same result.....anyone done this yet?

thanks!

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you authrorize your iPad on your Droid? I believe when you attempt to connect to the phone, it should have a screen that asks you to verify the device that's trying to connect to it. That's how I have mine set up anyway.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i have wireless tether on....showing signal and i just switch my ipad from my home network to my phone tether, nothing had poped up on my phone screen.....u using the same program? i get a notice saying safai cannot open the page because its not connect to internet

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also have the android tether signal locked and created my own passphrase, not sure if that has anything to do with it

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok after mins waiting, and took the block off the wireless network i got a notice on my phone saying i needed to enable it to happen... so i did that, try to search a site on ipad, it acts like its gonna go through then it says "safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding" hmm ever got that?

thanks

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I haven't got that message before. I turn on my hotspot, set up the passphrase and I also turn on the option for enabling access control. Then when I turn on my wifi on the iPad, it finds my Android phone, I click to connect to it, enter the passphrase I set up, and then my phone asks me to okay the device that's trying to access it. Then everything works just fine.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what hot spot you using? it took mins to hook up to phone without the lock on...now it wont hook back up with it, i had enable access control on...it eventually connects back to my home network on its on after waiting

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok thanks a bunch.....finally got it with wireless tether app, i had to disable (uncheck) enable access-control in the settings in wireless tether app,i noticed it was saying the tether app started up with a error, so i looked in the log in the app and it said access control failed, so thats how i knew where to go look, im also finding out it wont connect for me when i have the network lock on it, but no biggie!

thanks for all the help

Marionrhonda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
accordlayingkit said:
ok thanks a bunch.....finally got it with wireless tether app, i had to disable (uncheck) enable access-control in the settings in wireless tether app,i noticed it was saying the tether app started up with a error, so i looked in the log in the app and it said access control failed, so thats how i knew where to go look, im also finding out it wont connect for me when i have the network lock on it, but no biggie!

thanks for all the help

after the access control failed came up what did you do ? Im new to tethering and can't get past the access control failed

Most reactions

Latest posts