What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect iPad to TV via WiFi without Apple TV

jack123torr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Is there any way to connect the iPad (I have an iPad2) to TV via WiFi without Apple TV? I really do not like the Apple TV and rather use any other instrument (for instance, I have an Xtreamer media streamer, if it helps).

Thanks

yianniskyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have thought the same thing with you. maybe with the airport express?someboy help...

flyboy320

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With AppleTV are you using it's interface or are you mirroring the iPad display like if you used the HDMI adapter?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 5 will allow wireless mirroring of the iPad2 (and now, we know, the iPhone 4S) if you have an Apple TV. There's no other way, at the moment, AFAIK.

There's still an option where you can use the HDMI connector and a cable, but that's wired.

Just don't want people thinking that Apple has set anything else up...

Marilyn

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple tv is the perfect addition after the release of ios5

Ibrought one the other day in anticipation and actually I think that they are way more useful than I imagined they would be even without iOS5.

bertair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just connected the Apple TV (gen 2), to my TV and it goes well enough through my iTunes of my Mac Book Pro, but I am disappointed thatI do not seem to get it to recognize my iPad.
I have the great App, AVHD which allows me to watch most forms of video omy iPad, but it does not show on the Apple TV Browser Screen.
I would not like to have to Handbrake convert all my video content to iTunes in order to have it available on Apple TV. Same goes for the many movies I store on an External HDD.
Anybody come up with a way to run Apple TV from an iPad please ?

OP
J

jack123torr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bertair said:
I have just connected the Apple TV (gen 2), to my TV and it goes well enough through my iTunes of my Mac Book Pro, but I am disappointed thatI do not seem to get it to recognize my iPad.
I have the great App, AVHD which allows me to watch most forms of video omy iPad, but it does not show on the Apple TV Browser Screen.
I would not like to have to Handbrake convert all my video content to iTunes in order to have it available on Apple TV. Same goes for the many movies I store on an External HDD.
Anybody come up with a way to run Apple TV from an iPad please ?

wait for iOS5, it will mirror the iPad

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Does the app allow you to airplay to the ATV? You do this from the ipad, nothing will appear on the ATV (except the media you choose to airplay).

Most reactions

Latest posts