What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete IPad Novice

zipede80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I 'm an IPad novice from the east coast. I know less than nothing about the IPad, but look forward to learning a lot from you guys. Wish to use this gadget for retirement pleasure - games, music, podcasts etc. Thanks.
zipede80

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

You can start by getting a FREE copy of the latest iPad User Guide.

You can get it on your computer at Apple - Support - Manuals and then select iPad User Guide (For iOS 4.2 Software). It is a pretty big PDF file and will take a few minutes to download, but it will answer most of your questions. Once you download it, save it to your computer.

On your iPad, you can use the link to the online version of the guide in the Safari browser.

OR...

You can download the free iBooks app and download the guide as a free iBook.

Good luck and good reading!

OP
Z

zipede80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I downloaded the guide and have installed Itunes, but I have a question about it. Itunes comes up with 40 songs already loaded (2.6 hours) and I've not downloaded anything. Is this normal? I never used Itunes before today.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I downloaded the guide and have installed Itunes, but I have a question about it. Itunes comes up with 40 songs already loaded (2.6 hours) and I've not downloaded anything. Is this normal? I never used Itunes before today.

Hello and welcome here, concerning your music , plug your ipad and check in itunes what you want to synchronize or not see in all tabs what you want to sync or not ..

as Scott say you can add the manual in your ipad by first download Ibooks (witch is the best ebook reader i know) and after add the PDF in your itunes library : File>add to library (this is valid for all media can be read in your ipad)

Hope that help

Most reactions

Latest posts