What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Company newsletter private iPad app?

RobCubbon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, rather obvious question. Is it possible to create a magazine type app that only certain people can view?

I have a client that produces a 60-page PDF of an internal magazine quarterly. They want to be able to view it on an iPad.

So the app itself won't have any great functionality,it would just be text, hyperlinks and images and a mechanism for navigating around an issue and an archive of previous issues.

The difficulty, as I see it, comes from the fact that they only want 500 people to be able to view it and no one else. As I understand it, the only way to distribute an iPad app is via the AppStore? Is there anyway of making an app "private"?

OP
R

RobCubbon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Kay, I'm enquiring to see whether this organisation has already applied for an iOS Developer Enterprise Program. Is there any particular part of this forum to find developers to help with this?

Most reactions

Latest posts