What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comicstrips

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there are apps for comicbooks, but am I overlooking the existence of an app for comicstrips that you'd read in the newspaper?

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems that that site has figured out how to make pop ups work on a iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Seems that that site has figured out how to make pop ups work on a iPad.

I noticed that, but it doesn't seem to be particularly useful. All it does is give you a larger comic, which you can already do with a pinch zoom or double tap.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I give a double thumbs up for "The Funnies" app. I've got all the funnies subscribed that I liked to read when I used to get a real newspaper. Plus, there are a ton more available...

They get updated daily. Makes for a great morning coffee session.

Marilyn

P.S. It's a bit dear; $4.99 USD in the app store. But, worth it to me. YMMV.

Last edited:

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I give a double thumbs up for "The Funnies" app. I've got all the funnies subscribed that I liked to read when I used to get a real newspaper. Plus, there are a ton more available...

They get updated daily. Makes for a great morning coffee session.

Marilyn

P.S. It's a bit dear; $4.99 USD in the app store. But, worth it to me. YMMV.

Agreed. Great app.

Now if the would get Spiderman daily, I would have all my daily strips in one place.

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChemoSabe said:
Agreed. Great app.

Now if the would get Spiderman daily, I would have all my daily strips in one place.

Woooohoooo!!! They added Spiderman.

Too cool. I submitted a request and a few days later it shows up as an option.

This app rocks

kirbster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes says The Funnies is not available in the US store. Are all of you using it not in the US? If you are, how did you get it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh.

Wonder what happened to it ... or if it'll come back. I guess if you got it from before it disappeared, you still get to keep it. I use it every day, so I know it still works for me.

Sorry you can't get it. Hopefully it'll come back (cause now I'm worried for those of us who DO have it).

Marilyn

kirbster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh.

Wonder what happened to it ... or if it'll come back. I guess if you got it from before it disappeared, you still get to keep it. I use it every day, so I know it still works for me.

Sorry you can't get it. Hopefully it'll come back (cause now I'm worried for those of us who DO have it).

Marilyn

Thanks for the reply. I certainly hope you get to keep it! What a bummer. I wonder if they ran into copyright issues? Dunno.

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh.

Marilyn

Thanks for the reply. I certainly hope you get to keep it! What a bummer. I wonder if they ran into copyright issues? Dunno.

Well, looks like this app is dead. Most of the comics I follow on it no longer update. The website is gone. The app is gone from the App Store. Too bad. This was one app I used every day. Gonna miss it. :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with you, ChemoSabe. I finally had to give up on the app, also. The comics just weren't updating.

I now get the same comics via RSS feed - but it just isn't the same. And I also was reading my comics daily. Sigh.

I hope the developers can come back (although we don't know why they left...).

Marilyn

Reaction score
Sounds Great to hear about Funnies, Can you please provide guidelines,"how can I get it for my iPad"? I can't wait to enjoy with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts