What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comic Books Viewer with support for collections and upload of directories

ILIV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a comic book viewer that lets a user create collections and is capable of downloading entire folders with comics in them. For example, Goodreader accepts archive files, which hold folders in them, than unpacks them and recreates directory structure. Is there any app that can do that? I don't care about a particular technique that this or that app makes use of, all I care about is that I want to get a bulk of comics on iPad without having to spend much time manually sorting them into collections.

TraumaBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comic Zeal does to a point, but not to the specifics of your query. I use comic book lover on my Mac as a library and collection sorter (32GB). I use Comic Zeal on ipad as my reader (and prefer it to my Mac). I can go into a folder that hold a collection of .cbr .cbz files, select all the files I want and transfer to iPad via iTunes sync. It does not however allow me to select a bunch of folders with a sub folder trees and transfer all with directory intact. Which is what I think you wanted. Comic Zeal however does place comic files in folders(an old school comic book holder) automatically according to name, so if you had a single folder full of files and the file names where organized into comic book series and numbered eg xxxx 001 and yyyy 001, it would put them in a folder automatically and keep your series separate. hope this helps a bit.

OP
ILIV

ILIV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. I've figured Comic Zeal seems to be the only application for reading comics on iPad worthy of attention. Too bad it can't do what GoodReader does in terms of unpacking archive files and providing a directory structure to work with.

Most reactions

Latest posts