What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colour coded calendars

mtoxhcdt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the iPad book information it shows calendar entries in different colours - presumably for easy identification of personal, work and other schedules. How do I achieve this as it is not explained.

Many thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In order to create multiple calendars you have to sync the iPad with an online service or a calendar program on your computer. I recommend the online service for various reason.

The most common choice is Google Mail. If you set it up as an Exchange account, you can create and sync multiple calendars with Google. Unfortunately the iPad seems to set the colors randomly.

You can also sync calendars with other Exchange accounts, Yahoo, MobileMe, and other various services. MobileMe is the only one I've seen that syncs the calendar colors as well, but if you don't already have an account it's too late. You'll have to wait for the iCloud service this fall which should replace it, and will be free.

Here is how to set up the Google account, if you go that way.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

P.S. the calendars have to be created using the services web site, but will sync and be usable automatically after that.

OP
M

mtoxhcdt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very many thanks for this detailed advice. I'll give it a go!

Most reactions

Latest posts