What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collating video clips

Prando

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I receive short emailed video clips (from an iPhone) How do I download / collate these into a folder in my iPad 2 ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, apparently the Mail app only lets you save the video to the Camera Roll in the Photos app. It's a good option, since it will let you use the clip in iMovie, but it is a shame you don't also get the usual Open In… choices so you can copy it to other apps.

If the attachment is surrounded by a dotted line, tap it to download. Once it is surrounded by a solid line tap and hold for the Save Video option.

I know of a odd sort of workaround that will work with GoodReader and some email accounts. It works with my iCloud and GMail addresses, but not Yahoo (because I don't have a paid Mail Plus account).

In GoodReader go the the Connect to Server section and select Add. One of the options is to add an email account. Try the Popular Mail Servers first. If your account type is not there you'll have to fumble through the other Mail Servers option. Once it is set up you can select your account in Google to see your email folders. You won't see the emails themselves, but you will be able to navigate to and download attachments.

GoodReader is a fair organizer itself, but if you have another app in mind you can use the Manage Files controls in GoodReader to select and Open In.. your files to other compatible apps. You'll probably want to delete the duplicate from GoodReader when you are done.

It's not an elegant solution, but that's all I can think of at the moment; other than using some other method than email to get the videos.

Just another good reason to have GoodReader. It does the craziest things.

Most reactions