What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close All Programs

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did a search. Came up dry.

Is there a way to close all programs? It seems there are always 7 or more programs running in the background and I close them all routinely. It would be nice if there was a short cut to just close all background programs.

Has this feature ever been requested? Are there any other users that would like this added as a feature?

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Double click the home button then tap and hold a app at the bottom of the screen till the minus sign appears then tap the minus sign on ever app. You can not close safari.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Point 1. The apps are not "running in the background." Almost every app other than music and periodic processes that activate notifications are "suspended." They are not "running." They are not using cpu cycles. And unless you are bumping up against the memory limitation of your iPad (256K in the original, 512K in the the iPad 2) the OS does not even have to kick them out of RAM to run another app.

Point 2. If you insist on clearing your memory (RAM) because you're OCD about it, try an app like Xsysinfo. It will clear RAM of programs. Of course, as soon as you need those programs, the OS will have to reload them so in the long run, you're not improving performance.

kemlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimt29 said:
Did a search. Came up dry.

Is there a way to close all programs? It seems there are always 7 or more programs running in the background and I close them all routinely. It would be nice if there was a short cut to just close all background programs.

Has this feature ever been requested? Are there any other users that would like this added as a feature?

I agree, we need a "close all open programs" option.

Sent from my iPad1 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts