What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear 4g

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Clear 4G in Chicago. Speed is amazing! Any way to use the USB dongle to provide 4G access into the IPad?

OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking to use the 4G speed on the road though (train...stuff like that).

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have the option of getting a modem from clear. Or you could left your laptop on and share it's connection (your laptop would be the gateway computer). Simple to setup if you have XP or later O.S.

OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking to be able to do this while I am mobile, versus someplace where I can plug something in.

Sounds like the answer is no. A shame there isnt a USB port in this thing, an IPad on 4G would rock.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I am looking to be able to do this while I am mobile, versus someplace where I can plug something in.

Sounds like the answer is no. A shame there isnt a USB port in this thing, an IPad on 4G would rock.

No you can do this. I was in Chicago on the train on Monday using Clear.

If you want a new device or additional device to your USB then get this https://www.clear.com/shop/devices/clearspot
I wish it had come out before I bought mine. It is only $99

But I bought this because the built-in device wasn't out yet. I have this PHS300 Personal WiFi Hotspot - 3G/4G | Cradlepoint Technology

I ended up with an extra one. If you are interested I will sell you my extra one.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got a taste of 4G in Portland last month and WOW,,,,, It's awesome fast.. I hear Clear Wire and Sprint are working on releasing 4G in the Sacramento market this year,, i'm waiting very impatiently.

I just wonder how the network will work when it gets loaded up???:confused:

OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thats looking better!!! I will have to check it out!

If you want a new device or additional device to your USB then get this https://www.clear.com/shop/devices/clearspot

But I bought this because the built-in device wasn't out yet. I have this PHS300 Personal WiFi Hotspot - 3G/4G | Cradlepoint Technology

I ended up with an extra one. If you are interested I will sell you my extra one.

OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow the more I read the more I like! Its a shame it cant be imbedded into the IPad, but it looks like the best option short of that!

Thanks for pointing it out!!

OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sucks! For unlimited data, at 4G speed, its $45 a month here in Chicago....

I have the AT&T unlimited for $30 but as soon as I get the hotspot I am gone....May be a bit more hassle with having to have the hotspot with me but it looks like its worth it...

They offer nation wide 3G coverage yet wont allow you to sign up unless you live in a 4G coverage area. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts