What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning tip

ATC2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, for those that may not be aware I'm posting this because I get a lot of reactions when I'm cleaning my glasses. I first discovered it as a recommendation for the wind shield of my motorcycle and helmet visor also. I've been using for my iPhone and now iPad and many other things also. OK I'll tell you...! It's Pledge, yeap, its really good for cleaning almost anything, they market it in different ways but I'm thinking it's all the same. So if you have a can around the house give it a try even it says it's for furniture, I think you'll like the results.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'd rather use the cyberclean. just to be safe.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's Pledge, yeap, its really good for cleaning almost anything, they market it in different ways but I'm thinking it's all the same. So if you have a can around the house give it a try even it says it's for furniture, I think you'll like the results.

Are you serious right now?

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ATC2 said:
OK, for those that may not be aware I'm posting this because I get a lot of reactions when I'm cleaning my glasses. I first discovered it as a recommendation for the wind shield of my motorcycle and helmet visor also. I've been using for my iPhone and now iPad and many other things also. OK I'll tell you...! It's Pledge, yeap, its really good for cleaning almost anything, they market it in different ways but I'm thinking it's all the same. So if you have a can around the house give it a try even it says it's for furniture, I think you'll like the results.

I have a show car and it's a old show car tip for a fast detail on show day.they. Now have stuff instead of pledge but pledge works good

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Are you serious right now?

I use pledge on my motorbike fairings,it brings up a brilliant show room Finnish(silicon) ..pledge is widely used by biker,s.

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I have used on my iPad is my LCD tv spay and cloth, spray a little on the cloth, clean and then rub over with the anti-static cloth

Reaction score
Apple's advice of how to clean the screen:
Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPad. iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe iPad’s screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple's advice of how to clean the screen:
Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPad. iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe iPad’s screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands.

I am so smart.;)

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use spectacle wipes/optiwipes they are slightly wet wipes in a sealed packet to get the grime off my iPad everyday and for just a normal wipedown I will use a micro fibre cloth

Works a treat

Rich2putt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Brillo soad pad (kidding) :eek:

Try Windex without ammonia. I also use when I detail the windshield on my truck.

Most reactions