What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning Baby's face

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When Baby (my iPad) needs her face cleaned, I use a microfiber cloth. I've found that the MysticMaid personal cleaning cloth is the best.

I never use any type of cleaner on Baby's face. I use a microfiber cloth either dry or with a little water. Cleaners might damage Baby's delicate oleophobic coating. :p

Last edited:

EKhatch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have not cleaned mine yet but I will try the cloth that came with my Apple case first and if that doesn't work I have a nice microfiber towel I use on my phone that should work. I will have to check into the product you mentioned as well.

Nick Martin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy sells a blue spray liquid designed for big screen LCD/Plasma TV, with a micro fibre cloth.

I assume this is the most gentle screen cleaner on the market. Works well on my iPad.

OP
chisaki

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy sells a blue spray liquid designed for big screen LCD/Plasma TV, with a micro fibre cloth.

I assume this is the most gentle screen cleaner on the market. Works well on my iPad.

Most big screen cleaners contain alcohol and/or detergent, that is likely to damage the oleophobic coating. Use at your own risk, but don't complain to Apple if you can't follow directions.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i clean it with the cloth that comes when i bought the screen protector.

OP
chisaki

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just read page 26 of the iPod users guide.

"Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPad. iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe the iPad screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands."

2ndsteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Micro Fiber Clothes

I got a package of 5 MFC from Harbor Freight that work great. My wife sewed 2 of them together to form a pouch for the Ipad and now I don't worry about putting it in my backpack.

maliu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cleaning my iPad

I use my tee shirt if I'm wearing one, it not a paper towel does just fine.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn I've been using baby wipes since packets are scattered over the house.
Babys face and bottom both.......

Haven't noticed any screen deterioration due to the moisturiser.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a terry cloth towel. I run a corner of the towel under the sink and wipe my iPad. Then I use the dry part of the towel to wipe off the water. Then I roll up the towel and use it for a stand to lean the iPad against so that I can read email and the news while eating breakfast.

Been doing this since I bought my ipad 5 months ago and the screen is fine.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crap, I thought it was a glass screen. I've been using a paper towel with Windex!!!....I'll use the cloth for my HDTV from now on.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have a screen protector to begin with, so I just use a wet-wipe to clean that.

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use that cloth too. This is a glass screen, isn't it?

I think it's a polycarbonate. If you look at the screen an an oblique angle to the light you can see some surface texture that you don't see on glass. Polycarbonate is much harder than Acrylic so it would be a better choice for durability; but it's not 100% scratch-proof so keep that display clean and your fingernails trimmed!

Most reactions