What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City of Wonder Cheap Building bug/glitch?

Draco26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Last night (June 30th) I was playing CoW on my iPad. I had just levelled (level 21 now) and had 10 gold bars in the bank. Suddenly all buildings that can only be purchased for gold was available for silver and really cheap too! I went a on spending spree and found myself up in the wee hours of the night because I thought this was a glitch. I managed to purchase 2 windmills, a gold temple and gold sanctuary, the gothic cathedral, Cupid's statue, etc... Basically almost anything that normally costs gold I was buying. I couldn't believe holw cheap everything was! Even the allied nations was like 1000 silver coins to buy.

My shopping spree caused me to stay up WAY past my bedtime (2am) and I went to bed. This morning I go back into the game and discovered that not only are all my gold bars gone but the "building sale" was over. :(

What gives? Is this a glitch, or is this a feature of the game I somehow stumbled upon?

elizabethsarah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, but I can still buy everything with coins. My allies got weird tho at the same time. It says I have 180. But only 110 are listed. And I no longer have Sophia as an ally. Did that happen to you as well?

OP
D

Draco26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, but I can still buy everything with coins. My allies got weird tho at the same time. It says I have 180. But only 110 are listed. And I no longer have Sophia as an ally. Did that happen to you as well?

I just checked. No change in my # of allies (although I didn't check last night when this glitch happened). Sophia is still there.

Weird...But at least I don't have to worry about civilian happiness for the next two levels.:eek:

soruma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shopping spree!!!

I almost got late to work because of the frantic shopping this morning :)
Filled all free space with cheap buildings. Hooray for the bug! Or glitch. Or whatever...

OP
D

Draco26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happened again! Started at midnight last night and lasted until around noon today. Took advantage and brought everything and anything that is normally sold for gold bars.

soruma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happened again! Started at midnight last night and lasted until around noon today. Took advantage and brought everything and anything that is normally sold for gold bars.
Happened again this morning :) Shopping time!!!

elizabethsarah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glitch again! Shopping spree time!

But my allies are still all weird. I don't know what that is about?

Add me so I can check out all of the buildings you got!! elizabethsarah (or elizabethsaraht if the first doesn't work. iPad got weird about user name - may be the reason for my ally issues)

OP
D

Draco26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glitch again! Shopping spree time!

But my allies are still all weird. I don't know what that is about?

Add me so I can check out all of the buildings you got!! elizabethsarah (or elizabethsaraht if the first doesn't work. iPad got weird about user name - may be the reason for my ally issues)

elizabethsarah? I think I have you as an ally but if not I'll add you. I'm at work right now so I'll look when I get home.

My Id is Dracoville.

I tried to grab all the high-end residential and culture buildings. The glitch happened again last night so I decided to go for the high-end military buildings. (Gold wall for 300 silver pieces!!!)

Last edited:

elizabethsarah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Draco26 said:
elizabethsarah? I think I have you as an ally but if not I'll add you. I'm at work right now so I'll look when I get home.

My Id is Dracoville.

I tried to grab all the high-end residential and culture buildings. The glitch happened again last night so I decided to go for the high-end military buildings. (Gold wall for 300 silver pieces!!!)

I know! I surrounded my entire city with the gold wall because it was so cheap!!

OP
D

Draco26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happened again last night at around 11:30. I was playing and for some odd reason I got booted out of the game and it reloaded. Cheap buildings again! The window seems to last for about 12 hours before the primo buildings cost an obscene amount of gold bars again.

elizabethsarah,
I thought the name was familiar. I already have you listed as an ally. I checked out your city. WOW! You really have a flair for aesthetics. How large is your land plot?

Pip Boy 5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So all my allies disappeared too... All my embassy buildings are empty but when I tried to add dracoville it said we were already allies :L but it says I have none. Anyone experiencing this?

Pip Boy 5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: someone requested to be my Allie and I accepted. Then all my other allies came back... Ha

OP
D

Draco26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I stumbled upon another glitch. When the "building sale" happened again, I went and grabbed two car factories. The list of goods available is not cars but EVERYTHING else...Seriously, the car factory acts as a garden, ranch, plantation, factory, quarry, mine and lumber mill all rolled into one!

soruma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Draco26 said:
I think I stumbled upon another glitch. When the "building sale" happened again, I went and grabbed two car factories. The list of goods available is not cars but EVERYTHING else...Seriously, the car factory acts as a garden, ranch, plantation, factory, quarry, mine and lumber mill all rolled into one!

I've just tried it - same here! You can produce carrots in car factory as well as milk or beer :)

Pip Boy 5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also buy the cheap "gold bar items" for super cheap and sell them for a LOT more >=3 infinite silver!

Most reactions

Latest posts