What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese Youth Sells Kidney to Afford iPad 2

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
chinese_boy_sells_kidney.JPG

The UK’s Daily Mail newspaper reports today that a 17-year-old Chinese boy has sold his kidney to raise enough money to buy an iPad 2. When Xiao Zheng wasn’t able to afford the device, he decided to sell his kidney after seeing an ad on the internet that said it would pay people for their healthy kidney. According to the Mail, Zheng’s mother was “horrified†by her son’s actions, and the story has caused a furore in China.

“I wanted to buy an iPad 2, but I didn’t have the money,†Zheng told Shenzen TV in the southern Guangdong province.

Zheng had his kidney removed at a local hospital in Chenzhou, Hunan Province at the end of April, and subsequently received 20,000 yuan (£1,884/$3080). He was well enough to leave hospital after three days, and went straight out and bought an iPad 2 and an iPhone with the money. When Zheng returned home his mother wanted to know where he had got the money from and he eventually confessed that he had sold a kidney. The Mail reports that Zheng has since had medical “complications.†Police were alerted to the matter, but could not find any of the men responsible for the operation.

Source: Chinese teenager Xiao Zheng sells kidney to buy iPad2 | Mail Online

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, my god! That's awful! He must have been desperate but your body parts are all you own so to sell them for something so.... I'm speechless!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wow, how sad. Hard to believe the hospital would even do it.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At least he got an iPad out of it... When I woke up in that hotel room's bath tub full of ice the other day, I had nothing to show for it but a scar. ;)

bushml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about donating my left "kidney?..." for an iPad 2, but decided to hold out six months for the next generation.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fook that,,!!! Maybe a finger but a need ma liver for drinkin! :)

Well, if you were going to donate, your liver might be a good choice, because they take only a piece of it, and that organ regenerates if you're healthy. Cheers!

simontay78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.SimonVideo.com
First I sold my iPad 64GB WIFI only to get the iPad 32GB 3G

Then I sold my iPad 32GB 3G and emptied my coins savings to get my iPad 2 32GB 3G

Hmm maybe next I will probably sell my electric bicycle or something...but definitely not going to cut open myself to donate a kidney!

Arhh The sacrifice people made!

I think the Apple "magical" spell is on everyone! :D

russell mcdonald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Well, if you were going to donate, your liver might be a good choice, because they take only a piece of it, and that organ regenerates if you're healthy. Cheers!

I defo have the iPad bug! Can anyone tell me any good apps to download as I'm fairly new to all this tec stuff! :) :)

Most reactions

Latest posts