What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chemist-Electroniker

Kengilleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been a chemist for 40 years with 20 years in electronics, especially materials and device packaging. Retired into the expert witness field focused on patent litigation. Have had iPad 3G for several months and also own Touch G3. Main hobby is digital photography; Sony Alpha 550, Minolta lenses. Also write tech articles and books. Technical historian in printed circuits and packaging. Attempting to replace laptop with iPad. For court work, PDF is essential and am satisfied with software. Hope to replace Powerpoint with Presentation. Have lots of gadgets including radio gear - call is W1PHD.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome, you gotta get GoodReader for your business. Think of it as My Documents for the iPad, and allows you to drag and drop files into the iPad. It is also the visually best PDF viewer there is - I did a test once.

OP
K

Kengilleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best file app

I use and really like iAnnotate for PDF. Can't decide on general file app; FileBrouser, FileApp, GoodReader??? Also have Everynote, but want to "see" files.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh even if you see them, apple renames them something obscure.
Wonder why that is, don't they trust us?

Happy here with GoodReader as their usb app is fast to use.

OP
K

Kengilleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
File app

I'll give GoodReader a try. The apps are so reasonably priced anyway. In fact the pricing for iPad and iPod apps is remarkable.

Most reactions