What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Checking Data Usage

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to check how much data I am running though my wi-fi ipad2?

I am taking it on a cruise and am wondering how much data I would eat up on the ship"s very expensive Internet packages.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I've used plenty of public Wi-Fi sites (mainly hotels) which are usually 'free' or at a fixed rate - have not yet been charged for bandwidth on that type of connection!

But now curious - in reviewing iTunes/App store, found the app attached - have no personal experience so cannot make a recommendation; the ratings are average w/ a lot of 1* comments, so read closely, if interested - :(

Hopefully some of our more experienced members in Wi-Fi usage can provide their comments - enjoy your trip! :)

Attachments

• WiFiMonitoring.JPG
    WiFiMonitoring.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 496

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Use Download Meter

every day because of its ability to tell me how much data I've used and how much I have left-->that is for my 3G service. This app also meters how much wifi you are using too. You can set either 3G or wifi to monitor daily, weekly and monthly.

It does have a little strange problem with timezones. I have sent this problem to the developers. I live on Eastern time zone in the USofA. I recently travelled to Nashville, Tennessee. Nashville, is in the Central Time Zone, watched the app seemed to continue to work but when I got back to the Eastern time zone, it reset itself to day one--as if I hadn't used any data!

I don't know if you will experience a similar problem on the cruise, but if you are traversing more than one time zone, watch the app to see if it doesn't reset for you OR keep track each day, by taking a screen shot, of the app if you do go through a couple of time zones and back.

Most reactions

Latest posts