What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

changing my carrier and wifi logo help...

Diablo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I J/B my 64g Ipad 2 with wifi & 3g. Im trying to change my logos for my wifi and carrier. I tried make it mine app for the carrier and a winterboard logo to change the wifi but neither worked. Any info or help would be great.

Thanks in advance

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What did you use for the wifi icon?
Remember, make sure the theme is compatible with iPad.

As for the carrier, make it mine doesn't work.
Fakecarrier works. Get it in Cydia.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just put MakeItMine on my iPad2 WiFi only. No problems. If I may be so bold, when you changed the wording, did you select either to change the "Carrier" or "Banner" in the MakeItMine app? I forgot the first time and after a respring, thought it didn't work. When I went back into the MakeItMine icon, I realized my error and after I typed, selected Carrier, then resprung, all was good.

If that wan't it, may I suggest you go to Cydia and either reinstall MakeItMine - or uninstall it and then reinstall it.

For the other, what is the tweak you are wanting to install? Some just don't play well/work with the iPad...

Marilyn

OP
Diablo

Diablo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

i used a San Diego Chargers logo i'm asuming its just for the iphone. is there a way to know if its ipad usable or is it going to be a trial and error type thing.

thanks

OP
Diablo

Diablo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just put MakeItMine on my iPad2 WiFi only. No problems. If I may be so bold, when you changed the wording, did you select either to change the "Carrier" or "Banner" in the MakeItMine app? I forgot the first time and after a respring, thought it didn't work. When I went back into the MakeItMine icon, I realized my error and after I typed, selected Carrier, then resprung, all was good.

If that wan't it, may I suggest you go to Cydia and either reinstall MakeItMine - or uninstall it and then reinstall it.

For the other, what is the tweak you are wanting to install? Some just don't play well/work with the iPad...

Marilyn[/quo
I tried both carrier and banner but neither worked

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be for iPhone.

And makeitmine never worked for me. I used fakecarrier once, but now I just edit the springboard file with ifile.

OP
Diablo

Diablo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes fake carrier works..

Thank You!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted. Always nice to see how different things work, eh?

Marilyn

P.S. OT: Hey, Wolfie, I'm lazy. What's the path for that in iFile? Save me some searching, please...? Danke.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Glad you got it sorted. Always nice to see how different things work, eh?

Marilyn

P.S. OT: Hey, Wolfie, I'm lazy. What's the path for that in iFile? Save me some searching, please...? Danke.

system-library-coreservices-springboard.app-K48AP.plist

Edit the device name. The default is "iPad".

Most reactions

Latest posts