What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing iclould account on ipad

kev2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a questions.

I have a iphone which is linked to a icloud account, all working ok. I have just bought the new ipad and set it up with the same icloud account so that I get all my apps etc that are on my phone onto the ipad as well.

However, now I want my ipad to have it's own iclould account but I do not seem to be able to change the icloud account, only Delete the iclould account.

My question is, IF i delete the icloud account on the ipad and choose keep dataon ipad will it remove the apps, settings etc from my iphone and the iclould itself OR will it not affect those and ONLY remove from the ipad?

I'm kind of thinking resetting the ipad is probably the easier option and downloading the applications i want again but some were paid applications and I don't particularly want to pay again for them, hence why i synced it with my existing icloud account originally, thinking it would be easy to change it, clearly not :(

Many thanks for any help!

Kevin

Dragonrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't back up to the cloud - I back up to my computer - swapping my old iPad for the new one was transparent...

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you set it up as a new iPad, you can pick and choose which of your already purchased apps you want, and also keep the music and photos you have in iCloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts